When you have a fantastic brand with lots of powerful messaging and supportive data, it can be tempting to create a story that encompasses it all. But is that really the right thing to do?
The key points are:
- Focus on 3-5 key messages and keep them short (10-14 words maximum)
- Customers who recall more than 5 or fewer than 3 messages about the brand are less likely to prescribe
- Use data to support your messages, but don’t overdo it
- Keep it to around 3 data points per message: more than this confuses customers while fewer can lack credibility
- Make sure your story actually connects the messages to build a compelling proposition
Unsurprisingly, doctors care most about efficacy and safety.
Slightly more surprisingly, these findings are from oncology – an area that is traditionally seen to rely on stories built around colossal amounts of data.
To find out more about building concise, compelling brand stories get in touch with us – we do this for our clients every day.